Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xantrex: Nice efficiency, fun with fishbowl
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:50 am GMT EndGMT 
I got my first partial day of fishbowl logs. My first plot of the efficiency (DC watts in/AC watts out) looked mighty impressive.

The inverter stays in high 80s down to a little over 200 watts.

Of course I have the inverter pegged at around 2500 watts from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. Fishbowl reported a peak of 2525 watts.

The two inverters with 44 BP-585s did over 18 kWh today, the one with 40 did a little over 16.

I guess the output from inverter is just a data dump of the instrumentation. I take it the lifetime kWh is not readable by Fishbowl.

BTW what is the last column in the fishbowl log, it's usually zero but occasionally I saw a value that looks similar to the voltage.

arnold

Post subject: Nice efficiency, fun with fishbowl
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:27 pm GMT EndGMT 
Goldfish
Goldfish

Hi,

The last col. is inverter status. Normally it will be at 0 except durring the early morning startup and evening shud down where it will be reporting low DC voltage (code 245 if I remember correctly.)

The odometer on the right shows the lifetime KWh of only the time that fishbowl is connected.

Ron

[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Ron Schroeder ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:53 pm GMT EndGMT 
Thanks. I just found the column headers today. I guess the headers are written at the beginning of the day (yesterday was a partial day).

arnold

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:06 pm GMT EndGMT 
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron Schroeder:
The odometer on the right shows the lifetime KWh of only the time that fishbowl is connected.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lifetime reading is stored in the fishbowl.ini file (life=xxxxx). You can modify that setting to have the the Fishbowl odometer match what your system has generated since originally being put on line or whatever starting point you want. Be sure to exit Fishbowl before changing it. On starting Fishbowl, it will read the new value.

[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Mark Lopez ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:20 am GMT ErdGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Ron,

useful codes are

The codes , under status in FishBowl Logs

255 ac over 264 vac
253 ac under 211 vac
251 freq over 60.5
249 freq under 59.3
247 dc input volts over 125 VDC
245 dc input volts under 40VDC

You will probably see the DC input near 40 volts everytime there is a 245 code ... very common first and end of day in the logs

The Header is written when the FishBowl is started or when new log file is created

Henry [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:31 am GMT ErdGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Arnold,

The Suntie Manual has a very accurate efficiency graph on page A5 of the manual.

This was done by Sandia using Yokogawa power meters which are .1% accuracy. The XR/GP is about 1% better than the ST/XR , this is due to internal electronics changes as well as better fan management

Peak efficiency is 91% @ 1400 watts , the curve is remarkably flat which makes for very linear scaling from small to large systems

Henry [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:16 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Quote:
ability to select logging once every 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 seconds

I aggree , I'll work on getting a 1.3 done , the one second logging is good for beta testing and debug , but is a bit much for everyday watching. You would figure , in 2003, Microsoft Excel could handle for than 32k data points !!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Quote:
another file that records once per day with WHr, peak watts

Would it be OK if this is done at the new day roll over ? , the only issue I can think of is knowning when the day is really over and midnight seems like a safe bet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:35 pm GMT EthGMT 
Goldfish
Goldfish

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Solar Guppy:
Would it be OK if this is done at the new day roll over ? , the only issue I can think of is knowning when the day is really over and midnight seems like a safe bet

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I think so since current day info is on the fishbowl window. Another possability would be to over write the current day record each hour or each minute.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:57 pm GMT EthGMT 
Henry et al,

Is there any way to get Excel to combine or average data points to reduce the data set below 32,000 points?

Gordon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:39 am GMT EthGMT 
Goldfish
Goldfish

I have been using Fishbowl for a couple of weeks now and really like it.

I do have a couple of "Wish List" features that I would like.

1. the ability to select logging once every 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 seconds and possably also once per minute instead of just every second to allow for smaller files/ day. (Excel limits files to 32,000 records for graphing which is less than 12 hrs at once per second.)

2. another file that records once per day with WHr, peak watts, any status errors other than 245, and time connected for that day plus cumulative WHr for current month.

[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: Ron Schroeder ]