Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Matrix Photowatt PV750-12 85W panels for $2.35/Watt!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:57 am GMT EstGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

Hi,

Just wondering if I did make a good deal on this? Panels haven't arrived yet, but should be any day from now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Notice that there are not much details. (Like the picture is not actual item...) The only way I claim these are the panels mentioned in the subject is based on the Vpp, physical dimensions, brand, etc that match exactly to the PV750-12 panels specification.

P.S. Seller said that he's receiving more panels later this month and will put them on sale... :wink: I'll

Post subject: New Matrix Photowatt PV750-12 85W panels
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:14 pm GMT EstGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

Matsavol, Looks like this is a great deal. The seller has sold a few panel packages, not near the $4k though. Keep us up on how this transaction went! If more of these become available at near the price you paid, it will be good news!
Have fun with the install!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:04 am GMT EstGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

Just and update that I'm still waiting for the panels to arrive. The USPS parce post (why on earth anyone would ship panels using that service? :? ) takes their time to get the panels to me. Latest estimate is now mid next week...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:33 pm GMT EstGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

I sure hope you paid with a Credit card, so if the panels aren't working photowatts you can have the charges reversed

Just based on the price, I would say its a scam ... going rate is 4.25 watt for photowatts, wholesale is about 3.75 watt.

My "seconds" I bought in 2003 were 2.50 watt, hard to believe there is anything remotely available at the price you paid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:14 pm GMT EstGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

Well, I hope so too? The deal is almost too good to be true. I searched completed listings and the same seller did sell 35 same panels in 6 auctions after my purchase. They all were about the same $/Watt price that I paid. All of them were Buy It Now.

Sometimes next week I'll find out one way or another... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:52 am GMT EthGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

Well... It looks like you Mr. Solar Guppy were right: I have not yet received the panels. Seller has given a dozen of excuses why the panels have not arrived, shipper problems, etc... But I have got tired on waiting and we have agreed that he refunds the money. The problem is that the seller owe money to several other people as well who purchased items from him lately. Not sure if he ever is going get the refund going...

My opinion is that the seller never had the panels available for sale, did make the bogus item listing on ebay to get quick cash for some personal purposes. He has been trying to delay the "truth revealing" as long as he could.

I did pay with credit card (via Paypal), so there should be a chance to get the charges reversed. Not sure how happy CC company is with a $4000 refund claim... :roll:

Lesson learned: If the deal seem too good to be true, it most likely is! :(

I'm open to any suggestions how to continue from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:37 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Well, you have 60 days with the credit card people ... having Paypal in the middle makes things harder. Call your Credit Card people and explain what happen, see what they say ..

You can file a claim with Paypal, but from what I have read, and I quote, They Suck!. If the listing had the Paypal money back thing then they might, after the 30 day file a claim thing refund some money, but they are only the middleman.

If you had paid with your CC direct, you would just claim its a fraudulent charge

I'm sorry to say, there is a good chance your out the $$ and no way to get $$ back. Lessons like this hurt, but in the scope of things that can happen that are bad in the world, its really not THAT bad and its only money, which more of can always be replaced if you get my drift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:36 pm GMT EthGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

After few days research, I do not think the situation is that bad. I have contacted several other people that have not received the items they bought from the seller. At least the seller is giving consistent stories to all of us? On the other hand, if he was just a scam artist he would have disappeared long time ago... :roll:

The latest is that according to him the warehouse/shipping company he used has filed bankruptcy, and therefore all the funds and goods are on hold until court decision. There is still chance the panels are found and released, just don't know when? Also the seller has agreed to work on refund, not as a lump sum but monthly installments. I should hear from him next week. Wish me luck! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:10 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Your getting stringed along

Contact both PayPal and your credit Card Company NOW ... if you miss there file by windows, you have zero means to recover anything. Not sure on Paypal, but Credit Cards is 60 day by federal law

You can also request from the seller the Shipping companys name, the federal BK number assigned, BK is public information and you can verify online with the court the BK was filed in. Funny, last time I checked, the US post office wasn't in BK ( Parel Post ). Even if this story was true, He would have to file in federal court to get property and what your saying doesn't even remotely sound plauseable.

I think, he is just being clever and stalling until you lose possible means to get $$ back. DON"T DELAY

As for his responding, he is just making sure the 60 day window passes, then you'll never hear from him again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:08 pm GMT EthGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

Well, I just did. I filed the claim with eBay "Item not received" several days ago. I just filed the same claim with credit card company. Not sure if they are going to refund any, since they say that protection works only if goods were purchased within the same state or within 100 miles... And I don't think it is helping any when Paypal has been between them?

Bottom line is that the most Paypal would reimburse is $1000. Ebay buyer protection covers only $200 minus $25... so the only reasonable refund can be expected from credit card company. I just do not think they will do anything since the purchase was made out of state... :roll:

I'll let you know what happens.