Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:41 am GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xantrex: New Xantrex GT Inverters
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:05 am GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

I have been impressed with the performance of the GT3.0 Inverter. In addition to the thermal performance and efficiency which Solar Guppy has detailed, the unit has a sleek look that customers like. The integrated DC Disconnect saves not only the money but another ugly grey electrical box on the side of somebody's home. I confirmed with Xantrex that you can mount multiple units flush with each other eliminating conduit between them (needing only a 3/4" nipple).

Are the GT 2.5, 3.3 and 3.3 (208V) released yet? My distributor told me there was not yet an active Xantrex SKU. Solar Guppy, can you confirm that the these units were as well tested as the GT3.0 before release. As they have the exact same form factor, I imagine the differences are minimal. What is the theory on the GT 2.5? Is the price difference worth having a separate product?

Any input is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:24 am GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

I know the 2500's are around and the 3.3 is released, I've been running a few months with one. Not sure about the 208, I would just call xantrex direct for availablity

As for all the different models, Marketing feels it needs to be able to always offer the lowest cost in the power range. The GT3.0 is cheaper than the Sunnyboy 2500, even with a true 500 watt advantage, but I gues they feel they can offer a 2500 watt version even less, hence making the difference even larger between the SB2500U and the GT2500 without lossing sales and profit on the 3.0/3.3 line.

My personal take is its cheaper to have a single model to sell and support, but I am not a marketing type and Xantrex being a 100 million$$ company know the true math behind all of this to maximize the profit for the company and satisfy its users