Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 am GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brand Meters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:29 pm GMT EndGMT 
I installed a Brand Electronics meter on my incoming house power that I read with my computer program. I am able to determine if I am selling power or buying power a pretty fast clip, like right now. It uses CT transformers that go around the cables coming in. Pretty accurate also, within .5 KWH per 24 hours. It could actually be more accurate than the Power Company meter, but Edison rules, so I have to adjust my web site to show the real Edison amount. You can go to www.dmartineng.com and click on the poplink that says power monitor. It gets updated every 60 seconds, did not want to flood the website. But not bad.

Also, Edison installed a TOU meter which is great since we generate a lot of power. So, it was like installing my system times 3 at no expense. Went from selling to Edison typical 15 KWH per day to 75 KWH per day. Needless to say, I am very negative. I have sold back over 5800 KWH this year. Nice going into the winter months.

You can contact me at dzldan@earthlink.net by the way. Love to strike up a conversation, I love my setup.