Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:26 am GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:10 pm GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

>>The MX60 display is not very accurate

The MX60s input (PV) current display is for reference only and is a calculated number based on the output current (which will be more
accurate). Watts displayed on the main screen are also based on Output (battery) current. Measurements can be worse at very low wattages.

>>Also , the MX60 is powered 24/7 off the battery ... thats some watts there as well !

This is true. At night, the power is about a watt. Select "auto" for the backlight if you're trying for the lowest night loss. When the MX is operating, the power draw will go up with increasing PV voltage. Minimum power when in operation (relays on, etc.) is about 4.5 Watts.

boB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:21 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Hi boB,

Matt was using the MX display as the "Gauge" to the Mini-itx power draw.

My intent wasn't to knock the MX60 , more to the point , its not a low-power watt meter and matt over looked the fact the MX60 is a 24/7 load

Matt can use a Watts-Up or cheap DC current meter ... but it should show power is the sub-20 watt range with a laptop drive

Henry

Post subject: Mini-ITX Update
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:37 pm GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

Just a brief update on the system I built:

It is runing MS SBS 2003 with no problems - a little slow when operating from the server, but acceptable.

I did connect it in parallel with my Linksys router, and with my laptop in parallel as well (to run a packet sniffer). all 3 devices received IP addresses from the RR servers with no trouble, and I have not gotten a bill for any other charges. BTW, the cable modem does not have an IP address, so it has no bearing on the DHCP question.

I have not yet measured the power - still using the OEM brick - I have it plugged into my UPS, and it is not easily accessable to get a Kill-a-Watt back there.

More as I develop it!
Glenn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2