Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:40 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

The "normal" way to do this is just tell the Credit Card Company its a fraudulent charge. Federal Law gives one 60 day to do this and without your signature your 100% going to get back your money, regardless of where the purchase is. The Key is to say its fraudulent, don't say one word more or let them have you give more info. The Credit card companys will ask all sorts of questions, each one, stick to the line its a fraudent charge.

Now, with Paypal, you have circumvented the ferderal protection. As its two transactions, and is listed as such on your paypal account. One, from the credit card, the second to the vendor your telling paypal to pay. This is why on any major purchase, it should ONLY be direct to the seller via CreditCard

Personally, I think Paypal should be forced to have the same protections, but its just a company, with ZERO federal oversite ... I think over time, they will be forced to me inline with banks, but for now, its the wild wild west. At a minimum, file a complaint with your attornery general and send a letter to your congressman, thats the only way things will change, when enought people get ripped of andforce something to be done.

I'm sorry this happend to you, but I suspect, you knew from the start you were taking a risk with some serious $$ and knew, new panels at half the price ANYWHERE had to be a shaddy deal at best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:58 pm GMT EthGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

Quite honestly I do not expect any refund from either eBay/Paypal, nor CC company.

I have been in contact several other people who purchased from the seller and in fact one of the buyers did get partial refund from the seller this week. So I do believe the seller is NOT scammer and everything what happened was not intentional. I just hoped he did tell honestly about these problems in the very beginning... instead of trying to hide the truth and give false promises.

There should be total of 8 of us that are waiting for their goods or refunds to arrive. At least one of us has been aggressive on pursuing legal action against him and asked me to be one of the witness when required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:02 pm GMT EthGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

Just an update: I filed the claim with the CC and they have credited my account with the money until they have concluded their investigation. In addition Paypal appear to have noticed that too since they emailed me that CC company has made reverse charge... They did not ask to do anything about it, unless it was false information. After all it looks like I'm getting my money back from CC rather than waiting the seller to reimburse... :)

I still wish I can get the seller send me the panels I ordered... they are just too good deal to let by... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:33 pm GMT EthGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

I have twice used paypal and had to ask for a refund. In both cases, Paypal refunded me my money. Despite what some might say about paypal, they have always been responsive for me.

Glad to hear you got your money back though :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:21 am GMT EstGMT 
Guppy
Guppy

glad you're getting refunded your monies, but what is happening with the others who purchased pvs? isn't there something that could be done on the federal level about the guy, for it seems to me that just because he's farther away shouldn't give him immunity from wrongdoing? federal attorney general comes to mind here, right/wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:15 am GMT EstGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

Yes... it is looking even better now: Paypal has closed the case and accepted my reverse charge. The last thing I need now is to wait CC company to send me the a letter about it as well... :D

I think the others will be OK too, since the seller DID refund some money already to some of the other buyers. Based on all the emails I have exchanged with others as well as with the seller, the seller does not seem to be "thief". If he was he would have not replied to any emails and would have disappeared long time ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:19 pm GMT EstGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Each to his own, I consider one a thief who takes money without the product in return and its obvious, the seller never had the panels.

I'm pleased for you that Paypal/Visa covered your loss, but words/conversations are only worth the air they use, they have no value and the sellers emails wouldn't be worth 1 cent

I stand by my original statement, 2.35 watt is impossible for new panels, all the you have proved is you may not have lost money this time due to Paypal being generous