Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FishBowl real time status on web
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:35 am GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

I think the publishing of your FishBowl data on the web is great. Can I ask how this is accomplished? It looks as though you create screen captures of FishBowl in .jpg format and push (FTP?) them to the downloads directory of your website. I think it's not too difficult to locate FTP software that can be scheduled and/or have sync capabilities, so I think first I'm most interested in how you produce the image of the FishBowl screen that is eventually pushed to the site. Thanks in advance for any details you can provide.

-John

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:21 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Hi Helios,

It is an un-released version of FishBowl I've been working on. FishBowl makes it's own jpg of it's active form (what the programing enviroment calls the display window). The location , interval and compression level are user specified.

Only Me and Mark Lopez have been using it , there is a some minor issues I need to work on before making it available for general use

send me an email at if you want to beta test it.

Henry

Last edited by Solar Guppy on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:13 pm GMT EthGMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:15 am GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

I wish I could try it but I'm currently using Sunny Data for data logging. I was hoping your solution wasn't so integrated with FishBowl. Good for you, not so handy for me. I'll keep trying...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:27 am GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

On my long list of "wish" projects is to make FishBowl work with other inverters.

I actually have the sdk from sma for communicating with the Sunnyboy , but most of the code is commented in german !

So , maybe someday there will be check boxes for Sunnyboy and Outback products ...

Henry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:28 pm GMT EthGMT 
solar-guppy, i sent you an email requesting to beta test your web app. is that still a valid offer? have fishbowl running and it is doing a great job. so am i clear from the bulletins that your web app basically just saves the gui that i see updated off as a .jpg at whatever interval i choose? thanks.
brian

Post subject: Re: FishBowl real time status on web
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:40 am GMT ErdGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

Solar Guppy wrote:
On my long list of "wish" projects is to make FishBowl work with other inverters.

I actually have the sdk from sma for communicating with the Sunnyboy , but most of the code is commented in german !

At http://256.com/solar/scripts/ there are some perl scripts to communicate with the Sunny Boy, and a link to the English documentation of the protocol.