Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:59 pm GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fronius: Abnormally high grid voltage
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:43 pm GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

have 2 Fronius IG 4000 inverters that displayed an error code 301 which is excessive voltage. I rebooted them to a state 104 which is a voltage outside it's operating range so it could not fire up in the first place. I measured the voltage and got 270 volts at both inverters which is higher than than the maximum for that inverter. I called southern california edison and opened a trouble ticket. The technician arrived several hours later after I had left, and he read 240 volts with his meter and stated my batteries on my meter may be low and he could not imagine what the problem is. Possible my batteries were low I am sure, but I am un-convinced that is the problem due to the exact same error codes on both inverters stating unacceptable grid voltages.
My question is, have you heard of the grid voltages varying that much throughout the day? The site is 2 hours from me and I hate to drive all the way down there for nothing, thus I am arming myself with any information people have come across. I also have not seen two inverters simultaneously go bad and need replacement. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. The utility company cant seem to make it possible for me to talk to a technician without being onsite and opening a new trouble ticket if you were wondering why I didn't call them, I tried.
Pat