Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GT-View daily totals
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:46 pm GMT ErdGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

I'm using the beta version (1.9.0.2) of GT-View. At first it worked fine. Now it won't do the daily totals. I have to enter the info each day. The daily logs are working ok. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:12 am GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

make sure the PC is on at the time you have selected as the update totals value ( GT-View Options )

Check that the log file name path is correct ( GT-View options )

Check that no other program has the file open ( word pad for example )

Reboot the PC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:55 pm GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

I don't see any problems with what you have suggested. I used to be able to close GT-View, click save to daily totals, then immediately open the daily totals & today's totals would have already been entered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:28 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Ok, I see whats happening ..

Your not keeping the pc running for auto-update, you shuting down GT-View and expecting the pop-up, yes?

edit the GT-View.ini view in word pad, the value

Disk Nag=1 is needed, it probably =0 in your file which disables the nag your looking for.

Oh, and one other thing, is the exe file renamed to GT-View.exe or did you leave it GT-View_1.9.Beta.exe ?. the .ini file will match the .exe file name and without the rename, a new .ini file will be created with default values used

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:37 pm GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

I am getting the pop-up for daily totals. Disk Nag has always been set to 1. I had not renamed the Beta.exe file. I tried renaming the Beta.exe file & made sure that the Disk Nag of the new .ini file was set to 1. Now, even with the Disk Nag set to 1 (in all of the .ini files), I don't get the pop-up.

I renamed the folder & downloaded the GT-View from Xantrex. Everything worked fine. Then the daily totals stopped being automatically entered into the daily totals spreadsheet. Reinstalling GT-View corrected this problem.

I found that if I made an entry or correction to the daily totals spreadsheet, the daily totals would no longer be entered automatically.

There are several reasons for making an entry or correction to the spreadsheet. One day there was a grid failure for 5.5 hours. I entered a note in the date cell. On the days that I don't have the computer on all day, the peak AC watts number will be incorrect so I remove it.

Since I am now using the Xantrex download, I don't know if GT-View is still limited to 3500 peak AC watts (sun angle is a little less now so I am not getting peaks above 3400). I don't have a clean Beta version to install.

Is there any way to be able to add notes or corrections to the spreadsheet without loosing the auto daily total feature?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:10 pm GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

I found the problem with the daily totals not logging. It seems that, when saving the file after making entries, I was not choosing to save the file in the CVS file format (I am using OpenOffice). It works now.

I also got the Beta version working again.