Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:04 am GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Xantrex GT Inverter Recall
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:32 am GMT EthGMT 
Guppy
Guppy

The instructions on how to do the installation are available upon request, you just need to call Schneider Electric (Xantrax) and ask for them to send you a copy in your E-Mail. My understanding is the Kit will also come with a set of instructions but I wanted to familiarize myself with the procedure before the kit arrived.

FYI After the "Lock-Out and Tag-Out Procedure" the instructions read-

"To remove existing capacitors and hardware:
1. Remove the GT inverter's front cover which is located just above the wiring disconnect box.
2. Remove the existing capacitors (see Figure 1):
-For UL-01 units, remove capacitor C3 from the AC interconnect board using a pair of channel lock pliers and a side-to-side twisting motion (do not pry up and down as this may cause PCB damage). Be careful not to damage the surrounding components (e.g. fuse holder and fuse). Trim any long leads that remain on the board and remove any debris and loose adhesive. Do not attempt to remove intact adhesive as this may cause damage to the board.
-For UL-05 units, remove capacitors C1 and C6 using the same techniques described for the UL-01 unit above.
3. Remove PCB mounting screw on the left side of the AC interconnect board and disgard. See Figure 2."

It continues on to describe the disconnection of the L1 and L2 black and red AC wires from the AC interconnect board (on the right of the display screen, to the lower right of the AC fuse on UL-01 and below the fuse on UL-05 models). You connect them to the supplied PCB and connect the leads on the new PCB to the original connection locations of L1 and L2 on the AC interconnect board. Then you mount the new PCB to the existing AC interconnect board using the hardware kit they are supposed to supply.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:00 am GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

WOWZA. Wonder if my GT2.8 inverter is infected with the same problem. Are they all effected or only up to a particular serial number. Mine is not even 2 weeks old. Don't fancy a fire.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:02 am GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

I had a look on the product recall site in australia and there is no mention of the Xantrex that I could see.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:15 am GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

probley wont hear of any recall in australia to julia says they can , or its off with thier heads ,lmao

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:06 pm GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

Just checking to see if anyone has actually gotten the parts for the recall. Capacitor board and the case reinforcememt per the latest instructions on the web site. My name and serial number has been in for a long time. Haven't blown off the cover yet!! Taking my .02% chance of it happening.