Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 pm GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to enable charge?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:51 am GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

I just installed a solar system...8/195w in series /parallel, 16/6vdc in series/parallel batteries, a Xantrex charge controller and a Xantres 6048 inverter/charger. somehow the the batteries are not being charged...How do I enable the charge?

Post subject: Re: How to enable charge?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 am GMT EthGMT 
Guppy
Guppy

AngelT wrote:
I just installed a solar system...8/195w in series /parallel, 16/6vdc in series/parallel batteries, a Xantrex charge controller and a Xantres 6048 inverter/charger. somehow the the batteries are not being charged...How do I enable the charge?

What charge controller are you using ? XW6048 has no solar charge capability, that is done with another controller.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:02 am GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

Forgot to say that I have a charge controller...but dont see the way to enable the charge. Connected to the grid and it took almost 5 hours to charge, after that the Xantrex display showed 3 dashes...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:09 pm GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

You will probably have to give more detail of your system. Panel voltages Voc/Vmp, current rating Imp. How you have arranged the panels, Series Strings(number of panels) in each string. Same information for the battery bank if 24 VDC or 48 VDC. Max voltage for your charge controller, and temp range that you experience, High's and low's if you have winter snows reflecting light. You might have to rearrange your string if the output from the Charge controller is not high enough to charge the battery bank. Give all of the specific's of your system components and the ones that use Charge controller's and batteries will be able to steer you in the correct direction. Either the panels are not configured correctly for the bank charge controller, controller is bad or not setup correctly or you have a bad connection between panels andd controller.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:30 am GMT EthGMT 
Guppy
Guppy

Also include if this is ON Grid/ grid tie, where you are relying on the XW6048 to charge from grid, or Off-Grid, where you have solar via solar charge controller, or hamsters in a wheel charging the system.

You are asking a question,
Code:
When I was driving my car overheated, but later that day it was ok.  whats wrong ?
we need more info.

solar:http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
gen:http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,
Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 400A battery bank | 15, Evergreen ESA 205 fa3 "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:35 am GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

My fault...sorry..but here is a description of my system: 8 PV at 195 w..two arrays, 4 in series, another 4 in series and then parallel. A Xantrex charge controller, Xantrex 6048 Inverter. 16/6 vdc batteries, two arrays for a total of 48 vdc and 450 AH. Live in Puerto Rico where I have around 8 hours of good sunlight, sometimes I get 26 amps fron the PV's. Connected the inverter to commercial power in order to charge the batteries, it started charging at 80 amps and after 8 hours the 5 led's showed full charge. The inverter showed 3 dashes on the display but it was not charging and inverting. My load is around 800w...This is all the info I have...thanks for any imput...
P.D. system if off grid..