Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:25 am GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SG-View stops collecting data.
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:08 pm GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. I am running SG-View on a windows 7 64-bit machine. It starts and collects fine for a while then stops showing anthing on the screen (i.e everything excpet for Peak W and Whr Today show only "0". If you stop and restart the application it starts showing everything again.

I enabled logging and when I was lookign around I found that the log file entries where "inconsistent" when the SG-View was having issues. I have attached the log file I was looking at. If you look in the logfile at 9:07 you can see where the data being retrieved changed, Then at 10:19 it stops collecting anything, when I close and open the application again at 11:39 it all starts looking OK again.

Any ideas ??

I also have an issue with the software not uploading the log file to the ftp site. I have ticked "Send LOG via FTP" but the xls file is not going up to the web site (the PNG image is working fine).

Regards
Jason

Attachments:
SGTData Data Log 05-17-2011.xls [15.54 KiB]
Downloaded 430 times

Post subject: Re: SG-View stops collecting data.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:06 am GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

Window 7 for me has poor serial port control. I have it now on a laptop with XP and left all default speed settings, which was 9600bps. Is your unit connected via a straight serial, or is it via a serial to usb or serial to lan connector ?. mine is a serial to usb. If you don't have a spare PC with XP on it, try VMware with XP installed into it and try that out.