Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:10 am GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where might I find a copy of GT-View for a GT4.0?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:17 am GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

Greetings all, newbie here. I have a PV system installed on my house, it has been on-line for about 15 months now, not counting the down time for the capacitor failure in my GT3.8.

Since I have suffered a loss of generating capacity that went on for at least a month before I found it I have been contemplating adding some sort of monitor. My final goal is to figure out how to get PG&E to let me attach a probe to the meter so I can get a measure of consumption as well as generation. It sounds possible, but I suspect it will take a lot of work. For the near term I've been meaning to set up a laptop PC running GT-View. When I did some digging on doing so earlier today I found that the version of GT-View on Xantrax' website is not the most current. I see talk of updated versions, but I can't find the application anywhere. Any clues as to where I might obtain a copy? How about source code? If it isn't supported I wonder if it would be possible to get it into an open source system.

TIA!
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:28 pm GMT EthGMT 
Guppy
Guppy

Yes, please let us (me) know if you have any luck with PG&E letting us use the IR Comm port on the electronic meters to read/update our whole home energy usage!

Personally, I have just log the daily power "report" from the Xantrex GT inverter on a piece of paper and monthly I type the data into Excel along with the meter readings (Time Of Use meter) into a spread sheet.

From there, I can tell the daily generation and monthly generation/use to make sure that we don't go overboard on electrical usage...

-Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:55 am GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Hi,

Contract wise for SGT, GT-View ended over 3 years ago and Xantrex has not contacted me for support or updates.

I have an updated application that people might find useful and its called SG-View. Similar look and operation to GT-View but has skins and a comm debugger built in for trouble shooting or learning commands.

checkout http://www.solar-guppy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=548 for more info and to download

SG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:32 am GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

I've been using the optical port on the GE kv2cs meter provided by PG&E to monitor energy usage for about a year now. See the thread in the Xantrex forum:
http://www.xantrex.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=229

jrholman