Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ExelTech Grid-Tie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:31 pm GMT EthGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

The ExelTech GW series grid-tie inverter is a new entry into the grid-tie market. It is described as grid interactive or stand alone, modular (3.6 KW per module), and expandable.

The only information I can find about it is a half page advertisement in Home Power #92 (December 2002) on page 51. Their website has no mention of the new device, and a web search comes up empty.

It is interesting that they have chosen to enter the grid-tie market with such a large capacity unit. They've avoided direct competition at the 2500 watt level (SMA & Xantrex ST), and positioned themselves at the premium end of the market. Their primary competition seems to be the Xantrex SW series, same as OutBack. I think the SW is about due for a major upgrade, or it's history.

Post subject: ExelTech Grid-Tie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:23 pm GMT EthGMT 
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob Larson:
The only information I can find about it is a half page advertisement in Home Power #92 (December 2002) on page 51. Their website has no mention of the new device, and a web search comes up empty.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent their marketing, sales and tech support emails about the GW this morning.

I heard back from 2 people indicating release is planned "sometime in the first quarter of '03" and "next year, early summer".

They said we should "Keep an eye on the website for advanced information" and "could mail information when it is available if you will send your mailing address".

-Roger [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]