Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 pm GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GT3.0 from East Array, Now on eBay
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:14 am GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5999648381

I'm swapping out equipement for new testing ... I just put a GT3.0 on eBay. Its in perfect working order and has 4 years remaining on its warranty

Its completed with box, mounting plate and manual :D

Post subject: New testing?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:12 pm GMT EthGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

Hi Henry,

I've been watching all your panel and now inverter items for sale on eBay to make room for new testing.

If you talk about it - "What's this new project you're gearing up to work on".

Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:24 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

The GT 3.0 I just put on eBay was replaced by a GT3.3, which is more power handling and even higher efficiency

I have other things going on as well but can't discuss do to NDA's. I can say that 2006 will be an exciting year for the RE market. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:36 pm GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

How much are the 3.3's going to cost? I can't find anything about them anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:52 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

There not for sale yet, thats why I have one for testing :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:30 pm GMT EstGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

I know Guppy is under NDA but the rest of us can speculate. :)

I'm thinking the GT3.3 is HV design based on 3.0 chassis but with three independant MPPT strings. Considering the new SMA 3800 I'm guessing three 1500W strings.

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:36 pm GMT EstGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Little more rated power, about another 0.5% better efficiency, The GT3.3 I have is running right at 95%+ from 1.2kWh - 2.3kWh. This data is from the Yokogawa WT2030 power analyzer, not a unit reported value so its for real ... pretty impressive. Its the highest efficiency I have measured from any unit I've tested in the last 4 years

Multi-string doesn't do you much unless you want to run unequal strings. The biggest effect on vmp is module temp and regardless of the panels orientation, they will be at similar temps.

I don't understand the SMA 3800, they went to a fan cooled design, which to me is a step backwards. I know there under allot of price pressure since the SMA unit is made in Germany, the weak dollar and high manufacturing costs makes it near impossible to compete with the China Built GT3.X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:14 am GMT EndGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

Sounds a lot like the Sharp Sunvista. I was recommended the Sharp as I want to install three rows of sanyo 190 panels on a high tilt. But my house will shade the rows in the morning so that the lower row will get sun first around 8 am, then the others rows gradually until full exposure around 10 or 11. I was going to get the gt3.0 as guppy thinks so highly of it, but maybe I'll wait to get the 3.3. I just wonder how much it will be and when it will be released for sale.

The 3.3 is listed on the xantrax web site string calculator tool, but nowhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:19 pm GMT EndGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Stay away from the sharp inverter, its the second lowest efficiency rated in the CEC list at 91%

For your three strings, having one shaded will have next to no effect to the panels in the Sun. This is because solar cells are basically diodes. In order for them to SINK current, you have to exceed the reverse breakdown voltage which is above the VOC rating of the panel.

So, a panel dark in parrallel with one in the sun will never have this happen. Having designed and spent endless months montioring,testing and tweaking systems I'm convinced independant tracking strings is a sales gimic. It will make no measureable difference in the harvest as compared to a single input invetrer.

The GT3.3 will be sold for more than the 3.0 I am told, both are the top performers and best in features in the Gridtie market. You should build, install your system upto the point the inverter needs to be installed, which is the simplest of the steps. based on $$ at THAT time, buy either the GT3.0 or the GT3.3.

Lets use know how your Sanyo's perform and also what the costs is please :). I think on my next system I'd like to use them but I'd like to see some real world data over a year or so to see how the hybrids hold up as Asi is Junk as shown from real world use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:50 pm GMT EthGMT 
Catfish
Catfish

It sounds like the GT3.3 is a replacement for the GT3.0. Better efficiency, more power handling, why would they continue to sell the 3.0 model?

Sean