Solar Guppy - All Things Solar Forum

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:30 pm GMT ErdGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xantrex and Online Remote monitoring
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:12 pm GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

I'm going to be deciding on an inverter soon, and while I know this forum is extremely pro-Xantrex, what could sway my decision is which inverter will allow me to remotely monitor my system...with history, graphs, etc. I'm not too impressed with the Xantrex monitoring screenshots I've seen in some other threads, isn't there anything better? I understand that leaving a computer on all day for monitoring may be overkill, but it's something I'm interested in. Again, I need to be able to log in or somehow view my system status (output, etc) remotely.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:29 pm GMT EthGMT 
Red Cobra Delta Guppy
Red Cobra Delta Guppy

Download the GT-View manual from the Xantrex site, it does everything you want except graphs ... excel or perl scripts can handle that

As far as being pro-xantrex, I have professional tested and evaluated all the major brands and the GT line is best of class, has the most features included and is the lowest cost ... a hard combination to beat. I pick whats best, just happens to be the GT for gridtie.

GE and Sunpower now use the GT ( reseller/labelled ), if someone as large as GE thinks they are better than all the others AND better than what there own engineers could come up with, I think one would be safe to select a GT for their own system.

Xantrex can do dumb things, just like any large company , but they will be around if you need service in a few years. What ever you decide, stick with a company that has the resouces to be in for the long haul and not some one-horse/product company

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:28 am GMT EndGMT 
Minnow
Minnow

Xantrex just announced a standard 10 year warranty with no upgrade cost, introduced a remote monitor logging box, and if you ever have to ship an inverter back, they decided to pick up the tab. Xantrex along with Fronius are in a heated competition for product support which is great for us end users. On the GT, the best feature I can think of is if you are ever unfortunate enough to have to use the warranty, removing the inverter from the lower half ac/dc disconnect box where all wire connections from the array and service box come in, from an installers point of view is some really great engineering and works really slick. I suspect soon, the new monitor logging box will have tcp/ip capabilities. Like you, everyone wants to view logs remotely and be able to show their graphs of daily, weekly, and monthly, to someone else.
Clyde