It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:29 am GMT EthGMT

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SMA: Charge/Discharge Control
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:05 am GMT EthGMT 
Fish Eggs
Fish Eggs

There's a similar thread to this on the Xantrex Products Forum

I'm curious to know if SMA inverters
(or any other brand of inverter) support remote discharge/charge capabilities. In particular, we are looking to provide residential/commericial backup power systems for our clients with more precise discharge/charge control and management capabilities via a PC/Server-based software application that we have developed.
Beyond mimicking simply the front panel via a software interface a la Winverter, I'm not aware of this capability in SMA inverters (or any other brand), or whether or not there is a set of public (or private) APIs that are available and can be written to, but may have missed something in the operational specs.

The ideal scenario would be to dial in the power supplied or retrieved from the grid at any time, or at least to have bidirectional on/off control over the power in and out of the unit. Worst case scenario would be to have on/off delivery to the grid and on/off charge control in a separate unit, but of course this would not leverage the built-in charging capabilities of the inverter.

Eager to hear from either Inverter manufacturers themselves or anyone out there that's come across this capability.

All the best,

Post subject: Charge/Discharge Control
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:28 am GMT EthGMT 
Have you tried Vanner?

http://www.vanner.com/

I have no personal experience with them but they seem to be the closest thing I have seen to what (I think) you described... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Good Luck & let us know what you find out!

-Roger

[ September 14, 2002: Message edited by: Roger ]